Tuesday 16 February 2016

Into the Fire by Kelly Hashway ~ Review


Being given the chance to review Into The Fire was a dream come true.

As many of you will know, I am always on the lookout for YA books with unique concepts. There's nothing better than reading a book and seeing the way an author has twisted and shaped familiar elements into something new and improved. 

That type of author is the kind that can turn an ordinary plot into a tale whose every word keeps you on the edge of your seat.

http://static3.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_super/478/4781920/2722492-5105588304-see.g.gif

So get ready for a smoking hot book yes this is start of my use of Into the Fire puns YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!



Rating:



Book cover: The cover model's hair is a spot-on recreation of how I imagined Cara's red-streaked hair to look. It also makes me want some badass streaks of my own!

The hood she's wearing is a great accessory too, giving her a sense of mystery. Paired with the dark woods and the gold phoenix in the title, this cover is a fiery opener for Kelly Hashway's latest work.

I'm pretty sure she's staring at Logan and swooning like the rest of us fangirls!

The texture on the title and the phoenix works perfectly with the gold colour scheme.


Thoughts: Before we begin, I think I should make one thing clear.

Warning: THIS BOOK CONTAINS A HEARTBREAKING CLIFFHANGER.

https://d.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1380222758ra/652908.gif

If you're anything like me and you have a mental breakdown at even the THOUGHT of a cliffhanger because cliffhangers are the spawn of Satan and break your bookworm heart into tiny little pieces time and time again and have an aversion to cliffhangers then...I'm sorry but this book will break your heart!

To be fair I did see the heartbreak coming from a mile off. I had a horrible little sneaking suspicion at the back of my mind about what would happen but I refused to believe it and stayed in a constant state of denial as always.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg3_uUuBgg3ZjSREMxsho5-jGI4g1T4-HidBKGmcIGdHJfsjhApnAmIwr3KDeU6GDbksGRd-Yp0vxwkkRvmdSxPeJHzkhLlJwmYECyOVnLS6S0tW0eaG9BiIfmVcHivGn48kByTZEdj3Q/s1600/reject.gif

Now that we have that out of the way even though my heart will definitely take a good year to recover...back to the actual plot! 

Kelly Hashway stuns with her ability to tap into human emotions and expose them in all their raw beauty through her fictional characters. The sibling relationship, for me, was the most potent in this book - not the romantic one, surprisingly. 

Being an older sister myself, I choked up at the thought of my brother forgetting me completely like Cara's did. How do you deal with losing the person you love...even when they're still with you? Cara's conflicted emotions and inner turmoil played an essential in making Into the Fire a memorable reading experience.

All in all Into the Fire is the start of what is sure to be an epic series. It sets fire to the typical paranormal concepts and myth bases, presenting readers with a fresh twist on phoenixes and the powers that lurk within the flames.


Favourite quote:
'The look on his face, the way he begged me not to go. He loved me, and that means this imprint is going to be the death of me in more ways than one. It’s going to make me fall in love for the first time, and it’s going to make me lose Logan when I’m reborn. I have to break it. Before it breaks me.'



Have you read Into the Fire? If you knew you'd forget the one you loved, would you stay with them anyway?

Let me know in the comments below!





In one month’s time, seventeen-year-old Cara Tillman will die and be reborn from her own ashes…  

Her life of secrecy has never been easy. She’s watched her younger brother, Jeremy, burn and rise again in a coming-of-age process called rebirth. And just like her brother, when her time comes, she won’t remember anything from her first life other than she’s a Phoenix—a member of a small group of people descended from the mythical Phoenix bird.  

The last thing she needs to worry about is falling for the new guy in town—Logan Schmidt.  

Cara is drawn to Logan in a way she can’t explain, but she’s not exactly complaining. Everything is perfect…except it’s not. Once she’s reborn, she’ll forget Logan. And to make things worse, a Phoenix Hunter is on the loose, and Cara’s involvement with Logan is bringing out her Phoenix qualities—the very qualities that will draw the Hunter right to her.  

Desperate times call for desperate measures…  

Afraid of hurting Logan, Cara breaks it off for good. But her attraction to him runs deeper than a typical high school crush. She wants him—needs him. And if he proves willing to stay by her side, their love might destroy them both.  

Can Cara hide from the Phoenix Hunters long enough to survive her rebirth? And if so, will it mean a new beginning with Logan—or the beginning of the end?

Add to your Goodreads bookshelf today!




Although I was provided with a review copy by the author and/or publisher, all opinions expressed in the following review are purely my own. To find out more, please visit my disclaimer page.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...