Saturday 13 February 2016

Enchanting Editions ~ Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia by Christopher Paolini


It's time for another Enchanting Editions post!

The Enchanting Editions tag covers some of the treasured and special books that have a home on my bookshelves - books which stand out, either due to their outsides or their insides.

Today's featured book is Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia by Christopher Paolini.

I remember the first time I ever laid eyes on this book and COMPLETELY FREAKED OUT BECAUSE WHO HASN'T DREAMED OF BEING A DRAGON RIDER?!  It was a truly a delight to own with its shiny gold lettering, breathtaking illustrations, and fun surprises.


The front (see image above) is a dream come true. I love tactile covers - especially ones that mimic dragon scales. Petting this cover is the closest I will probably ever get to being Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons. The fake gems on the front are cool to the touch and paired with the archaic gold borders make for a stunning cover. Not to mention the Inheritance series signature font has been used for the title *cue the fangirling*.


The 3D scales are calling to my inner Dragon Rider. You can rest assured a dragon WILL be on my Christmas list this year and every year. Santa...you have been warned!


Yep, I get private messages from Eragon Shadeslayer. We're practically soulmates ;)

The back cover of the book (see above image) features a 'welcome to the ups and downs of being a Dragon Rider' message from Eragon himself...in case you weren't fangirling enough already!

But I haven't even gotten to the best part yet.

THERE ARE MORE MESSAGES INSIDE. Not only messages, but prettily packaged letters from Eragon on both the inside of the front and the inside of the back cover.

The first letter is basically Eragon letting you know that he knows you're totally a rookie. Jeez, thanks Eragon. Good to know that you have faith in me!

SHINY SILVER DRAGON!! (inside front cover)


 "It's not every day that a dragon chooses you to become her Rider." Ah...nope. You're certainly correct! Which leaves me with this question...where is MY dragon?! (inside front cover)

The back letter was actually even better (if that is possible at this point!). At first you see another gorgeous silver dragon envelope and a mock-sealed letter.


I need at least 100 of these envelopes so I can stare at them in awe.

But when you take the letter out...you discover a hidden gem. A.k.a an ELDUNARI!

I AM FREAKING OUT LOOK AT IT SO PRECIOUS AND SHINY AND MINE!

I haven't even gotten to what's inside the book yet! This book is filled to the brim with everything you need to know about Alagaesia. Not to mention the super-duper stunning illustrations that grace every page.

*happy sighs* And this, ladies and gents, is why I love, love, LOVE maps!

It's also filled with lots of Inheritance series treats - tactile surfaces, little booklets, and my absolute favourite a game or two. And by 'game' I mean Angela's Knucklebones!!


Now I have the power to read the future! Mwahahahaha!!

Maybe if I hold my hand against it long enough it'll rub off...?!


If there had been a class called Elvish 101 back in highschool I think I would have totally aced it with this booklet.


LEGOLAS IS THAT YOU?!



What part of Eragon's world would you like to further explore? Do you have a book you treasure on your shelf?

Let me know in the comments below!





2 comments:

  1. OMGG I'M FREAKING OUT WITH LOVE FOR THIS!! And I haven't even read Eragon. XD I know, I know. Like how can I, a confessed dragon lover, have not read this?!? IT IS AN ABOMINATION and I will remedy it eventually *nods* But eeeep, this book is beautiful and I kind of want to reach through the screen and stroke it. <3

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cait you are the QUEEN of all things dragons!! I feel like you and the Inheritance series need to spend some quality time together ASAP <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...