Sunday 22 November 2015

The Beautiful Bloggers Tag ~ Day 7: Birdie


Welcome to the Beautiful Bloggers tag

This a blog tag dedicated to bloggers who have beautiful blogs and beautiful hearts. They're bloggers who are genuinely passionate about blogging and interact in a thoughtful manner with their followers and fellow bloggers. The tag is all about getting to know them and their blogs better.

Today's blogger is Birdie


Birdie loves books. Some might say she has an obsession...and they'd be correct! She runs the Birdie's Books blog which reviews YA fiction.

I got the chance to have a fun chat with Birdie and to learn more about her and her amazing blog. Check out the interview below!
  
 _____________________


The Interview


1) Describe your blog for us. How did you start it up and come up with its title?   

My blog is very simple and understated in terms of its design, that's mainly because I'm not the most tech-savvy person out there! I started my blog a little over a year ago on a whim. None of my friends liked to read that much and I needed a place to vent all my bookish feels, so naturally I went to the internet. I thought it might be fun because I love to write and I love to read so blogging was an easy compromise. To be honest, I'm not quite sure how I came up with the title. My friends' nickname for me is Birdie and I knew I wanted to make a book blog so I thought putting Birdie and books together was clever because they both start with 'B'. (As you can tell I have a very limited imagination!)   


2) What are three interesting facts about you?   

Three interesting facts about me are:

   1. I play the piano.

   2. I am the biggest scaredy cat in the whole world.

   3. Chocolate is my one true love!


3) What do you love most about blogging?   

What I love most about blogging is being able to share my opinion with others who I have things in common with. Blogging is a great way for me to share my excitement about a book or series that I love without annoying the heck out of my family and friends. It also allows me to practice my commitment skills because by looking at the frequency of my posts it's clear I still need a lot of work.


4) What has been the best moment of your blogging career so far?   

The best moment of my blogging career so far was being able to make new internet friends that I'm able to talk to and laugh with about all things books! I know it's a really cheesy thing to say, but I guess my answers are just going to be filled with cheese today! I didn't really think that anyone really cared about my blog enough to include me in anything, so finding people who are willing to talk and share bookish feelings really encouraged me to keep it up!


5) What makes a book beautiful to you?   

If we're talking aesthetics then that'd probably have to be a great colour palette, and a really unique and interesting design, preferably one without people on the cover and one that actually relates to the story. But if we're talking about the words and the story itself then I always look for a great main character who really goes through a lot of development and hardships and comes out stronger for it. Someone who stands for what they believe in and doesn't take no for an answer (romances also help).


6) If you were in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your basic game plan for survival?   

I'm not big on the whole zombie thing, but after some research I know I'm going to need a great team who can help me get through it because there is no way I'll be able to do it alone. But after a while I'd probably end up being that one person who always falls behind because I have absolutely no athletic ability and everyone would just end up ditching me to save themselves.


7) Which book character would you pick as a date?   

This is a hard one because there are so many swoon-worthy guys in YA, but I'd pick Maxon Schreave from the Selection series by Kiera Cass. I recently read Happily Ever After and got to see again how sweet and adorable he is. Also, I think going on a date with him would be so much fun because he'd probably plan something we'd both be able to enjoy.


8) Which book character have you related to the most?   

The book character I've definitely related to the most is Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Never have I read of a character who shares so many similar personality traits with me. Like Cath, I'm the shy girl who would rather stay in her room and read than go out into the world and socialize and I wouldn't know how to start or continue a conversation with anyone without freaking out about saying the wrong thing.  


9) If you could act in a movie adaptation of any book, what book would it be and what character would you be cast as?   

Piggybacking on my last answer, I'd say Fangirl and I'd like to play Cath just because it would be easy for me to relate to her character so I'd feel like I could pull off the role and really portray her true to her book self. (Also, Levi is nice.)
         

10) If you could say anything to the people out there who follow your blog, what would it be?   


To all the lovely people who follow my blog, I just want to say thank you so much! I appreciate you sticking around to read my sporadic and sometimes rambly posts. (Here comes the cheese:) If you guys weren't there to support my blog I don't know if I would be able to continue doing this, your support really encourages me to keep posting and there are no words to express how grateful I am! You're all amazing! Thanks for reading! (So many exclamation marks!) <3


A big thank you to Birdie for collaborating with me on this post!


Don't forget that you can connect with Birdie via her: 
_____________________



Check out some of the other posts on the Beautiful Bloggers tag:

Day 1 | Day 2 Day 3 | Day 4 Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 8 | Day 9 | Day 10 | Day 11 | Day 12 | Day 13 |


 _____________________



Have you discovered a new blog to add to your list? Do you have one to nominate for this tag? 

Let me know in the comments section below!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the opportunity to be a part of this Booknut! I had so much fun! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...