Thursday 19 November 2015

The Beautiful Bloggers Tag ~ Day 4: Sarah K


Welcome to the Beautiful Bloggers tag

This a blog tag dedicated to bloggers who have beautiful blogs and beautiful hearts. They're bloggers who are genuinely passionate about blogging and interact in a thoughtful manner with their followers and fellow bloggers. The tag is all about getting to know them and their blogs better.

Today's blogger is Sarah K


She's a fangirl, blogger, and a lover of Oreos. She also makes book trailers over on her Youtube channelShe runs The YA Book Traveler blog which focuses on mainly YA fiction, with the occasional NA/Adult book.

I got the chance to have a fun chat with Sarah K and to learn more about her and her amazing blog. Check out the interview below!
  
 _____________________


The Interview


1) Describe your blog for us. How did you start it up and come up with its title?   

I had been on Twitter for about a year when I finally started reading (I wasn't really a reader until about 3 years ago). Then after meeting authors and bloggers I decided it'd be fun to do a book blog! I was reading books and had opinions on them. I also have been an advocate for racially diverse books!  When deciding on a name for my blog, it was pretty straight forward....books help you travel to other worlds. So, The YA Book Traveler was born.       


2) What are three interesting facts about you?   

   1. My husband and I adopted a sibling group of 3! 

   2. I NEVER used to read books until about 3 years ago. I did read Harry Potter but 3 years ago I became obsessed with YA and now I hardly ever watch TV and movies anymore. HAHA 

   3. I love traveling. Some of my favorite places have been Spain, Hawaii, Nova Scotia, Oregon State and Mexico.            


3) What do you love most about blogging?   

THE PEOPLE! Oh my gosh, I have seriously made the BEST friends on Twitter because of blogging. Really, everyone has become more important to me than even my blog (truly). I love chatting about books with other like-minded people and interacting with authors! Authors are my celebrities!            


4) What has been the best moment of your blogging career so far?   

My best moments have been when I create a book trailer for a book. I love making them and giving something special to these authors who work so hard writing these books. (You can view them out on my YouTube channel!)


5) What makes a book beautiful to you?   

A book is beautiful to me when I can become emotionally attached to the characters. That's what the books are really about, the characters. When they're beautifully written, along with the world they live in, I think any book can be beautiful.  


6) If you were in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your basic game plan for survival?   

Hm...I have a survival book my brother gave me so I'd first grab that. Then go get guns and food. I'd also find somewhere safe to be with doors that are steel and lock.  


7) Which book character would you pick as a date?   

There are SO many! I think I may pick Nikolai from the Grisha trilogy because he'd be a lot of fun! I have other book boyfriends I love but they're more serious. For a date, I'd want a fun night out!          


8) Which book character have you related to the most?   

I know this is a pretty common answer, but Celaena Sardothien from Heir of Fire, specifically. She's dealing with a bit of depression in the book and at the time I read it so was I. I felt encouraged by her honesty and depth of feelings. I related to it and it helped me to move on with the problems I was dealing with in real life.      


9) If you could act in a movie adaptation of any book, what book would it be and what character would you be cast as?   

I think it'd be fun to be Scarlet from Scarlet by AC Gaughen. She's tough but has a huge heart. Plus, kissing Robin? YES PLEASE!
         

10) If you could say anything to the people out there who follow your blog, what would it be?   

I would say that my favorite thing over the last year of blogging has been making new friends. I am always ready and excited to make new friends! If you are a new blogger, come join the #BHPChat that I co-host on the last Tuesday of every month at 9 pm EST. You can meet new and pro bloggers. 


A big thank you to Sarah K for collaborating with me on this post!


Don't forget that you can connect with Sarah K via her: 

_____________________


Check out some of the other posts on the Beautiful Bloggers tag:

Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7 | Day 8 | Day 9 | Day 10 | Day 11 | Day 12 | Day 13 |


 _____________________


Have you discovered a new blog to add to your list? Do you have one to nominate for this tag? 

Let me know in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...