Saturday 28 November 2015

The Beautiful Bloggers Tag ~ Day 11: Eugenia


Welcome to the Beautiful Bloggers tag

This a blog tag dedicated to bloggers who have beautiful blogs and beautiful hearts. They're bloggers who are genuinely passionate about blogging and interact in a thoughtful manner with their followers and fellow bloggers. The tag is all about getting to know them and their blogs better.

Today's blogger is Eugenia


Eugenia is a bookworm - and proud of it! She's a Australian YA blogger who loves to share her passion for reading with others and who believes one can never have too many books. She runs the Genie In A Book blog which features reviews, discussions, author interviews and giveaways on a range of YA titles.

I got the chance to have a fun chat with Eugenia and to learn more about her and her amazing blog. Check out the interview below!
  
 _____________________


The Interview



1) Describe your blog for us. How did you start it up and come up with its title?   

I launched Genie In A Book on 13th September 2014. I had previously co-blogged with the lovely Stepanie @ Chasm of Books, though it was time to spread my wings and create a space of my own. I always knew that I wanted to spread my passion for reading with others and share my thoughts on books, and had already come up with a possible name. The 'Genie' comes from my name, and 'In A Book' is a bit of a play on words for the whole 'genie in a bottle' idea. 


2) What are three interesting facts about you?   

   1. When I was younger I really wanted to be a librarian.

   2. I work at a bookstore.

   3. I'm a big fan of Downton Abbey!


3) What do you love most about blogging?   

Definitely knowing that I'm contributing to the bookish community and having the support of other bloggers, especially in the Australian community makes it all worthwhile. It's the fangirling at the book events, meeting other bloggers in person and getting positive feedback on posts that makes me smile. 


4) What has been the best moment of your blogging career so far?   

There have been so many memorable milestones, even in the relatively short time I've been blogging. One of the best though would have to be having part of my review quoted in an actual book - If I Speak True by Jessica Brooks!


5) What makes a book beautiful to you?   

Aside from a stunning cover *cough* A Thousand Pieces of You *cough*, beautiful prose that is really lyrical, or characters that really touch my heart are what make a book stand out for me. It's a mixture of things really, and all depends how us readers interpret different stories - everyone will see things differently. 


6) If you were in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your basic game plan for survival?   

Now this is a tough one, I don't watch The Walking Dead, but I would say - get the family safe, go underground maybe? Hoard all the food I could get and of course, pack a whole heap of books with me. (Priorities right?). 


7) Which book character would you pick as a date?   

Aah there are so many potential book boyfriends to choose from! Hmmm...Dalton from The Rosie Black Chronicles by Lara Morgan would probably be my top pick. He's kind, caring, loyal and witty! (oh and his dashing good looks don't hurt either).  


8) Which book character have you related to the most?   

This is an interesting question as I think I can see some of myself in lots of book characters which I've come across. For me it's probably a blend of Elizabeth Bennet and Hermione Granger. 


9) If you could act in a movie adaptation of any book, what book would it be and what character would you be cast as?   

Being Marguerite from A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray would be such a fun role I think - especially with all the different costumes from various times/dimensions I would get to wear. Plus I think she's a pretty complex character with lots of hard decisions to make so it would be interesting to try and play that out. 
         

10) If you could say anything to the people out there who follow your blog, what would it be?   


First and foremost a massive THANK YOU for all the support you guys have given me since I started blogging. Thank you for every comment, mention on your own blogs and just being the fabulous bookworms that you are. It means so much to me and I really appreciate it! <3 *squishy hugs*


A big thank you to Eugenia for collaborating with me on this post!


Don't forget that you can connect with Eugenia via her: 
_____________________



Check out some of the other posts on the Beautiful Bloggers tag:

Day 1 | Day 2 Day 3 | Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7 Day 8 Day 9 | Day 10 | Day 12 | Day 13 |


 _____________________



Have you discovered a new blog to add to your list? Do you have one to nominate for this tag? 

Let me know in the comments section below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...