Monday 16 November 2015

The Beautiful Bloggers Tag ~ Day 1: Ozbooksnail


This is the start of a brand new blog tag - the Beautiful Bloggers tag! 

This a blog tag dedicated to bloggers who have beautiful blogs and beautiful hearts. They're bloggers who are genuinely passionate about blogging and interact in a thoughtful manner with their followers and fellow bloggers. The tag is all about getting to know them and their blogs better.

Today's blogger is Ozbooksnail


She's an Australian blogger who studies History and the Italian language. She loves to read all kinds of books but particularly historical fiction, YA, and fantasy. She runs the Ozbooksnail blog which focuses on fiction - mainly YA - including historical fiction and fantasy. 

I got the chance to have a fun chat with Ozbooksnail and to learn more about her and her amazing blog. Check out the interview below!
  
 _____________________


The Interview


1) Describe your blog for us. How did you start it up and come up with its title?   

My blog is still fairly new - it's something I thought about creating for a long, long time. So hooray! It's finally here. Ever since getting into 'booktube' last year I kept telling myself that I should do something like that, somewhere where I can ramble on about book for all eternity, somewhere to have my own space where I can just talk books, books, books, and more books. But videos and me were never going to work, or at least not yet, I've always preferred writing. I love just about everything about books, so I blog about books I want to buy, what I'm planning on reading, any little marathon stints I do, and any themed reading (i.e. Frankenstein for Halloween). I also, of course, do book reviews - it's basically my life.  

I came up with its title through my Twitter name - I've always considered myself a 'slow' reader in comparison to others, I can find it really frustrating when I want to just get through a book, but four days is about as quick as it gets (which might sound fast to some people, but others can do a book in a day!!). So I played with the phrase 'book worm' [which, fun fact, translates to 'Library Mouse' in Italian, oh yeah, I'm learning Italian] and turned it into 'book snail' (because a snail is one of the first creatures that comes to mind, aside from a tortoise, when it comes to slowness). The 'Oz' is simply because I'm Australian and that's just our nickname for the country! So, tah dah!                  


2) What are three interesting facts about you?   

   1. I used to be an elite gymnast. I competed all over Australia and qualified for a tour in the USA, which was awesome fun! I'm retired now, though. 

   2. I used to hate reading. Yup. Try talking to 12 year old me, mention book and you would've lost me.  

   3. Despite my eternal love of books, I actually want to be a museum curator when I graduate uni. I've always wanted to do historical advising for the film industry.          


3) What do you love most about blogging?   

The best thing about blogging is that it's my own space to write about the greatest love of my life. And the GIFs, of course.                 


4) What has been the best moment of your blogging career so far?   

I'm still fairly new, so I think the best moment is yet to come. I guess you could say, so far, making the decision to create my blog has been the best thing.


5) What makes a book beautiful to you?   

There are a couple of things that make a book beautiful to me. I'm a firm believer in judging a book by its cover (in the literal sense), so if a cover is beautiful there's a 93% chance I will buy it on appearance alone. And if it's an ugly cover, I might need some serious persuading. On the other hand, the characters and setting of a book are a huge thing for me - what jumps to mind is Anthony Doer's All the Light We Cannot See, Marie-Laure is a blind, French girl and she's one of the protagonists. I think she made that book for me, the story is definitely beautiful because of her perspective.                 


6) If you were in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your basic game plan for survival?   

If I were in a zombie apocalypse I think I'd be pretty screwed; I don't watch or read anything zombie related so maybe I'd build a tree house up a really high tree and hope for the best . . . Or maybe head to the hills? I hear they're alive with music in Austria . . .      


7) Which book character would you pick as a date?   

This is a really hard question. My favourite book is Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck and Ren is ridiculously hot, howeeverr, my number one date choice would have to be Ash from the Iron Fey series (Julie Kagawa). *Melts*                


8) Which book character have you related to the most?   

Another tricky question! I'd love to say Hermione because I have magic and attend Hogwarts, but that'd be a lie. So in that case, probably Lara Jean from To All the Boys I've Loved Before, not because I write love letters but because of her relationship with her family - I have an older sister and a younger brother and that book made me think about us as siblings a lot.                 


9) If you could act in a movie adaptation of any book, what book would it be and what character would you be cast as?   

I would love to play Celaena Sardothien from the Throne of Glass series. I love her character and all the kick-ass fighting she gets to do - I'd love to go to town with a sword and some magic. I think I could totally pull her off. Maybe I could throw some back flips in there to spice up the action.                


10) If you could say anything to the people out there who follow your blog, what would it be?   

Never stop doing the things you love and never stop dreaming - because that's where happiness is found. 


A big thank you to Ozbooksnail for collaborating with me on this post!


Don't forget that you can connect with Ozbooksnail via her: 

 _____________________


Check out some of the other posts on the Beautiful Bloggers tag:

Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7 | Day 8 | Day 9 | Day 10 | Day 11 | Day 12 | Day 13 |


 _____________________


Have you discovered a new blog to add to your list? Do you have one to nominate for this tag? 

Let me know in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...