Saturday 10 May 2014

Swoon Worthy Saturday ~ Kristen Callihan's Ian Ranulf


Hosted by: Stay Bookish

Today's Swoon Worthy Saturday, which means it's time to choose a fictional male who has swept me off my feet (and made me sob into a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice-cream) this week! 

This Saturday's pick is none other than the gorgeous Ian Ranulf from author Kristen Calliahn's Moonglow (Darkest London #2). As much as I'd like to list every single one of Callihan's fictional men on here, Ian stood out the most for me this week.


 photo tumblr_mkskzpjfgz1rnqjkpo1_500.gif

Traits that make Ian undeniably swoon worthy are:
  • His Highland accent (which gets thicker when he's mad)
  • His roguish ways
  • His protectiveness (not overbearing - just the perfect amount)
  • His sense of humour
  • Did I mention he has a Highland accent?! 

Here are some examples of moments in Moonglow where Ian made me swoon:

#1: We are all imperfect creatures, love. I don't want perfect. I just want you.” 

#2: 'My mind is filled."

"With what?" she whispered.
"You. All the time. You." He sighed. "Daisy has taken up residence here." Yet it was to his heart he pressed her hand, to feel its pounding. "How to keep you safe. How to keep you out. How to keep... you."'

#3: You never made me weak," he said, giving her a little shake. "You make me strong." His big hands smoothed up her arms. "Just knowing you're in this world makes me want to live in it, makes me want to fight.

If that wasn't swoon-worthy enough for you & you need more, grab a copy of Moonglow today and become better acquainted with the smexy Ian Ranulf. (NB: The book does get a tad steamy at some points, so I do recommend it for readers 18+)

Did you swoon? Are you a fan of the Darkest London series? Comment in the comment's section below!

Also, be sure to let me know which swoon worthy male you think I should blog about next ;)
___________

'Once the seeds of desire are sown . . .

Finally free of her suffocating marriage, widow Daisy Ellis Craigmore is ready to embrace the pleasures of life that have long been denied her. Yet her new-found freedom is short lived. A string of unexplained murders has brought danger to Daisy's door, forcing her to turn to the most unlikely of saviors . . .

Their growing passion knows no bounds . . .

Ian Ranulf, the Marquis of Northrup, has spent lifetimes hiding his primal nature from London society. But now a vicious killer threatens to expose his secrets. Ian must step out of the shadows and protect the beautiful, fearless Daisy, who awakens in him desires he thought long dead. As their quest to unmask the villain draws them closer together, Daisy has no choice but to reveal her own startling secret, and Ian must face the undeniable truth: Losing his heart to Daisy may be the only way to save his soul
.' (Blurb via Goodreads)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...