Sunday 12 January 2014

Two Witches Walk Into A Demon Bar ~ Salt by Danielle Ellison Review

Salt (Salt #1)
By Danielle Ellison

Rating: 5


'I believe the demon is out there, and it will make itself known sometime. I just have to wait for it all to come together.

I also believe Zac Efron will come to town and fall madly in love with me, so maybe I'm just too hopeful.'


Filled with kick-ass action, timeless humour and a feisty female with a mission, Salt is as addictive as it is magical.

My thoughts on the book:


There is nothing not to like about this book. 


The story twists and turns, keeping readers' minds occupied with a intriguing set of interlocking mysteries that combine to create a stunning plot. Not to mention its cast of funny and heartwarming characters, from the wickedly cute Carter, to the loveable and fashion savvy Connie. 

Salt also manages to bring about a new spin on paranormal fiction...with the witches doing the demon hunting! 

A fan of Cassie Clare's Mortal Instruments series, as well as several other authors whose works have incorporated demon mythology, I wondered how Danielle Ellison would bring to life a concept that has been so frequently used in YA fiction. 


But I needn't have worried. She did just fine - more so, in fact! 

Salt revealed a whole new way of viewing such paranormal concepts, whilst managing to keep the youthfulness of the story intact.

I highlighted over thirty quotes in my ebook copy, another tribute to how relatable and entertaining this book was. Lines like:

"Two witches walk into a demon bar, and somehow they both come out alive," 

and 
"Men don't have wiles, Pen. We have charisma."

Not to mention Carter. Did I mention Carter?! A new YA Crush has emerged, ladies!

Get your copy of Salt today and discover a story you'll never forget.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...