Wednesday 21 November 2012

Gripping Reads - Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Half-Blood (Covenant #1)
By Jennifer L. Armentrout

Rating: 5+



“There’s nothing like a bunch of catty teenagers who could either kick your ass halfway across the country or set you on fire with a mere thought. That alone changed who people picked fights with or became friends with. And at the end of the day, it was always good to have a firestarter in your back pocket.” 



One girl. One boy. One destiny. 

Although I could touch on any of the wonderful characters J Armentrout has introduced in her stunning Covenant series - which has a wonderful take on mythology - I wanted to start with the one...the only!...Aiden St. Delphi.
'It was him - Aiden St.Delphi.'







As soon as I read that line I was all like, "Oooooh yeah. She's got it baaaaaad." But then I read about how pures and halfs (a.k.a Aiden and Alexandria) can't be together and I was all:


Oh no


What really annoyed me, though, was that no one seemed to have any faith in Alexandria. 


I mean - hello?! The girl survived on her own and killed two daimons, plus she saw her mother die. I think that means that she has more than proved herself. 

I think I wasn't the only annoyed one - Alexandria seemed pretty upset too. But Aiden would be all like: "No one here is your enemy, Alex, it's all in your head - I'm sure they all want to come over and have a tea party later on."


Sure, buddy... sure. Whatever you say. Everyody Loves Alex, right?!

This story gives readers a kickass heroine - not to mention tonnes of action, a brilliant new world and Armentrout's signature humour.Truly epic, Half-Blood as well as the rest of the series are definite must-reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...